Asset CleanUp Pro is a premium page speed booster plugin for WordPress. It is not a caching plugin, but it can work with any caching plugin to make your WordPress website faster.
It can also work correctly with in-built hosting caching like WPEngine, Kinsta, and many others. It doesn’t conflict with any other performance plugins. A lite edition of this plugin with limited features also available for free in the WordPress repository.
Main Features of Asset CleanUp Pro – Performance WordPress Plugin
- Site-wide unload options
- Bulk unloads support
- Manage JS/CSS files directly from the front-end
- Test Mode for debugging
- Minify and combine loaded JS and CSS files
- Change the location of JS and CSS files (<Head> or <Body>)
- Remove RSD, Windows Live Editor, Rest API, etc.
- Disable XML-RPC protocol
- Reduce render-blocking resources by deferring CSS
- Async and Defer attributes
- Show the file size of each loaded CSS and JS files
- Higher page speed score
- Allows to unload specific plugins
Sales Page of Asset CleanUp Pro v126.96.36.199 – WordPress Performace Plugin
What’s New in Asset CleanUp Pro v188.8.131.52 (Changelog)
- Fix: Make sure WP Rocket is fully triggered when the assets are fetched via Asset CleanUp, as the “Uncode” theme is calling get_rocket_option() without checking if the function exists.
- Fix: Added nonce checks to AJAX calls made by Asset CleanUp for extra security.
- Improved the caching mechanism: The most recently created files are never deleted in case HTML pages that weren’t cleared for weeks or more would still load them successfully; Once “ver” is updated, then the now old file will be cleared in a couple of days.
- Cleanup the value (strip any empty extra lines) from the RegEx textarea when it’s updated for any unload/load exception rule to avoid invalid RegEx rules & make sure the delimiters are automatically added to the rules in case they were missed.
- CSS Minifier Update: Better detection and minification for CSS related to math functions such as min(), max(), calc() and clamp(); Fix broken CSS (rare situations) that uses nested calc().
- And many other small improvements and bug fixes.
Free Download Asset CleanUp Pro v184.108.40.206 Latest Version – Performance Plugin for WordPress
Alternative Plugin: Download Perfmatters Performance Plugin for WordPress
Recommended Plugin: WPForms Pro With Addons Free Download
⚙️ “Test Mode” Functionality → Worried about making optimization mistakes? Don’t be anymore!
|Lite vs Pro||LITE||PRO|
|Bulk Unloads: Everywhere (Site-Wide), On Specific Pages & Post Types, Add load exceptions|
|Enable “Test Mode” to only apply the plugin’s changes for the logged-in administrator for debugging purposes|
|Remove unused elements from the |
|Site-Wide Unload For Common Elements that are often unused such as: WordPress Emojis, jQuery Migrate, Comment Reply (if not using WP as a blog)|
|Disable XML-RPC Protocol Support partially or completely|
|Inline CSS Files * Read more|
|Instruct the browser to download a CSS/JS file based on the visitor’s screen size (e.g. download it on a desktop device, but not on mobile one)||❌|
|Defer CSS loaded in the ||❌|
|Priority in releasing new features & other improvements (updates that are meant for both Lite and Pro plugins are first released to the Pro users)||❌|
|Priority Customer Support|
What are the requirements for using this page speed optimization plugin?
In order to use Asset CleanUp Pro, you need to have the following:
WordPress site installed and active (not from WordPress.com, you need to have the open source software installed on your hosting package, the script from WordPress.org, see the differences here)
PHP 5.4+ (I strongly recommend PHP 7+ as it’s much faster and will boost the speed of your website considerably)
The plugin has been tested and is fully compatible with the latest PHP version: 7.3.
I’m already using a caching plugin (e.g. WP Rocket, WP Fastest Cache, W3 Total Cache). Do I still need Asset CleanUp Pro?
Asset CleanUp Pro works together with caching plugins. First, you eliminate the bloat by preventing useless CSS/JS from loading on your pages. Then, a caching plugin such as WP Rocket will take the remaining loaded files, minify/combine them and also cache the pages (by generating static HTML files which are accessed very quickly)
How do I know if my website’s page loading speed is slow and needs improvement?
There are various ways to check the speed of a website and this is in relation to the following: front-end (the part of the website visible to your visitors), back-end (PHP code, server-side optimization), hosting company, CDN (Content Delivery Network) setup, files loaded (making sure CSS, JS, Images, Fonts, and other elements are properly optimized when processed by the visitor’s browser).
What is an asset and which are the assets this plugin is dealing with?
Why are the unload settings that I’ve applied for CSS/JS files not taking any effect when I visit the page?
Whenever you unload certain CSS/JS files, you expect to either see an immediate increase in the Google PageSpeed Insights / GTMetrix score or not loaded when you test the page in Incognito (visiting it as a guest, while you’re not logged-in). However, this doesn’t always happen. Pleae check this post to find out the possible reasons: