TIFR GS 2023: Tata Institute of Fundamental Research Graduate School is where candidates interested in studying integrated M.Sc. and Ph.D. programmes in a variety of areas, including as physics, chemistry, biology, computer & systems sciences, etc., can apply.
The candidate must pass the entrance exam and the interview in order to be shortlisted for admission to the institution and pursue the desired course. We shall go into more detail about the TIFR GS 2023 Application Form, Exam Date, Result, Pattern, Syllabus, etc. in this article.
TIFR GS Highlights 2023
|Name of the Examination||Graduate School Admissions – Entrance Exam|
|Conducting Board||Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR)|
|Application Mode||Online Mode|
|Exam Mode||Online Mode|
|For Admissions Into||Ph.D. Programs|
Important Dates for TIFR GS 2023
|Online Application Starts||Apply Now|
|Last Date of Application||31 October 2022|
|Admit Card release||Last Week of November 2022|
|Entrance Exam||December 11, 2022|
|Result||By the End of January 2023|
|Interview Shortlisted||By end-February 2023|
|Program start date||August 1, 2023|
Courses Offered Through TIFR GS 2023
The following is detailed information on the TIFR GS Application Form 2023-
|Name of the Subject||Name of the programme||Offered at|
|Mathematics||PhD and Integrated M.Sc.-Ph.D. Programmes||1) School of Mathematics, TIFR Mumbai|
2) Centre for Applicable Mathematics (CAM), Bengaluru
3) International Centre for Theoretical Sciences (ICTS), Bengaluru (Only PhD program).
|Physics||PhD and Integrated M.Sc.-Ph.D. Programmes||1) Department of Astronomy & Astrophysics|
2) Department of Condensed Matter Physics & Materials Science
3) Department of High Energy Physics
4) Department of Nuclear & Atomic Physics
5) Department of Theoretical Physics
6) National Centre for Radio Astrophysics (NCRA), Pune
7) TIFR Centre for Interdisciplinary Sciences, Hyderabad (TIFR-H
8) International Centre for Theoretical Sciences
|Chemistry||PhD and Integrated M.Sc.-Ph.D. Programs||1) Department of Chemical Sciences, TIFR, Mumbai|
2) TIFR Centre for Interdisciplinary Sciences, Hyderabad (TIFR-H)
|Biology||Ph.D., Integrated M.Sc.-Ph.D. and M.Sc. Programmes||1) Department of Biological Sciences, TIFR, Mumbai|
2) National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS), Bengaluru – Ph.D., Integrated M.Sc.-Ph.D., and M.Sc. (Wildlife Biology & Conservation) programs.
3) TIFR Centre for Interdisciplinary Sciences (TCIS), Hyderabad – PhD and Integrated M.Sc.-Ph.D. programs only.
|Computer & Systems Sciences (including Communications and Applied Probability)||PhD Programme only||School of Technology & Computer Science (STCS) – TIFR, Mumbai|
|Science Education||PhD Programme||Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education (HBCSE), Mumbai|
TIFR GS 2023 Exam Pattern
The detailed information regarding the TIFR GS Exam Pattern is given below.
TIFR GS Exam Pattern for Mathematics
|Type of Questions||Objective type MCQ and True/False questions|
|Number of Questions||20 True/False and 20 MCQs|
|Standard of the Test||B.Sc. course in Mathematics|
TIFR GS Exam Pattern for Physics
|Type of Questions||Objective type MCQ|
|Standard of the Questions||Undergraduate and Masters levels at an Indian University|
|Marking Scheme||For each MCQ 03 marks will be awarded whereas for Numerical and Symbolic 05 marks will be awarded|
|Negative Marking||01 mark in MCQ section only|
TIFR GS Exam Pattern for Chemistry
|Type of Questions||Objective type MCQ|
|Number of Questions||40|
|Marking Scheme||03 Marks will be awarded for each answer|
|Negative Marking||01 Mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer.|
TIFR GS Exam Pattern for Biology
|Type of Questions||Objective type MCQ|
|Standard of the Test||Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology|
TIFR GS Exam Pattern for Computer & Systems Sciences
|Duration of the Exam||3 hours|
|Type of Questions||MCQ|
|Negative Marking||1 Mark will be deducted for each incorrect attempt|
Recent Article: All About MRNAT Exam
TIFR GS Exam Pattern 2023: Course-wise Syllabus
- Physics: Electronics, Biophysics, Quantum Mechanics, General Physics, Experimental Physics, Classical Mechanics, Heat, Thermodynamics, Statistical Physics, Modern Physics, Electricity and Magnetism, Logic & statistics & mathematical methods, and Mathematics relevant to Physics.
- Chemistry: Organic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Quantum Chemistry, Thermodynamics, Physical Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, Electro Chemistry, and Spectroscopy (NMR, fluorescence, IR, UV, and X-ray).
TIFR GS 2023 Application Form:
Candidates can find below the about how to submit the application form for TIFR GS 2023
Steps to fill the Application Form:
- Visit the official website of TIFR GS.
- Choose the Notifications to link on the official website.
- Then register by clicking on the Admissions Link available on the Homepage of the Website.
- Fill out the online application form with all the necessary details required.
- Fill in all the details such as Name, Date of Birth, and other details correctly.
- Upload signature, thumb impression, photographs, and other documents online with the mentioned Quality, Size.
- Make a payment of the application fee.
- Go through the Application Form and submit it.
- The application fee for male candidates will be Rs.1200/- and the female candidates will Rs.600/-
- Candidates can make payments via online modes such as internet banking, Debit/Credit card/UPI, or other modes as available on our payment gateway.
Preparation Tips for TIFR GS 2023
The applicants can check out the following tips on how to prepare for TIFR GS 2023.
- The applicants should solve the previous year question paper for TIFR GS exam.
- The candidates should read and revise the NCERT book.
- Also they should keep a separate formula book for Maths, Physics and Chemistry sections.
- Candidates can take the IIT JAM syllabus as a guide for the TIFR GS
TIFR GS 2023 Admit Card
Admit Card is an important and compulsory document needed to appear for the TIFR GS. It can be acquired online by downloading from the official website of TIFR. Candidates cannot enter for the entrance examination without this.
- Go to the official website and click on the link to download it.
- Use Password/Date of Birth in dd-mm-yy format, Registration Number/Roll No/Email Id to get admit card.
- Take a printout of the admit card to carry to the exam center.
- Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
- Guwahati, Assam
- Patna, Bihar
- Bhillai, Chattisgarh
- Ahmedabad, Gujarat
- Mandi, Himachal Pradesh
- Jammu, J&K
- Jamshedpur, Jharkhand
- Bengaluru, Karnataka
- Mangalore, Karnataka
- Cochin, Kerala
- Kozhikode, Kerala
- Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
- Indore, Madhya Pradesh
- Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Nagpur, Maharashtra
- Pune, Maharashtra
- Bhubaneshwar, Odisha
- Chandigarh, Punjab
- Jalandhar, Punjab
- Jaipur, Rajasthan
- Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
- Madurai, Tamil Nadu
- Hyderabad, Telangana
- Agartala, Tripura
- Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh
- Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
- Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
- Haldwani, Uttarakhand
- Burdwan, West Bengal
- Kharagpur, West Bengal
- Kolkata, West Bengal
TIFR GS 2023 FINAL answer key
Candidates can check the TIFR GS answer key after exam. Key things to know about it are as follows.
- The answer key of Tata Institute of Fundamental Research Graduate School tells you the correct answers of all questions in the TIFR GS 2023 question paper.
- You can also use the TIFR GS answer key to calculate marks and predict result.
- Note that the unofficial TIFR GS answer key is by Science coaching centers.
- Whereas the TIFR GS 2023 official answer key is by TIFR which is released at univ.tifr.res.in
TIFR GS 2023 Result
The TIFR GS 2023 outcome has not yet been made public, although it is anticipated to do so around the end of January 2023. The result card is available for download from the TIFR GS website. The chosen candidates can take part in the interview that has been organised and announced by TIFR as appropriate after the results have been made public. The chosen candidates will be admitted into the TIFR GS into the chosen programme following the conclusion of the interview procedure.
TIFR GS 2023 Counselling
For individuals who have been selected for admission in TIFR GS through their separate procedures, counselling will be commended. The amount of seats available, the candidate’s rank, and choice filling are only a few examples of the variables that will affect seat allocation.
Following are the documents that will required in the counselling process:
- 10th/High School Certificate/equivalent Certificate.
- 12th(Intermediate (+2)) Certificate/equivalent Certificate.
- Mark Sheet of 10th/High School Certificate/equivalent.
- Mark sheets of 12th(Intermediate (+2)) Certificate/equivalent.
- TC (Transfer Certificate).
- Migration Certificate.
- Mark sheet of the Qualifying Examination.
- Programmes available under TIFR GS 2023
- Mathematics (Ph.D. & Integrated M.Sc.-PhD Programs)