Merit and entrance tests will both be considered for MSW Admission in 2023. The registration of the candidate is the first step in the admissions process. There are application forms available both online and offline. After the written test round, several institutes hold a GD/PI round.
Students must successfully complete their BSW in social work with a minimum grade of 50% or an equivalent from an accredited college or institution in order to be considered for MSW courses. They then need to pass the entrance exam with the required minimum score. Following the entrance tests, several universities hold personal interviews. TISSNET, DUET, BHUPET, CUET, and other tests are some of the typical entry exams for MSW programs.
A two-year postgraduate program leads to an MSW. It is a specialist program designed to build abilities in social work and development. In MSW courses, the most frequently taught topics include Community Practice & Social Work, Social Work with Individuals, Education and Profession in Social Work, Research in Social Work, State, Politics, Economy and Governance, Social Development, Social Work with Organizations/Groups, Social Policy & Planning, Social Legislation with Social Work, etc.
Qualifications for Admission to the MSW Program
Candidates who meet the following requirements may enroll in the MSW program:
- A bachelor’s degree is required in any of the relevant fields, though a BSW degree is desirable.
- The preceding education of a student must have come from an accredited university.
- It is necessary to have received at least a 50% on your last set of graduating exams.
Process of The Exam: TISSNET is an online computer-based test. It consists of a total of 100 objective-type questions. The total duration of this exam is one hour & forty minutes. After passing this written exam, the students must appear for the PI round before the final selection.
MSW Admission Highlights
|Course Name||Master of Social Work|
|Admission Process||Merit-Based + Written Test|
|Course fee||Government colleges: 10,000-60,000 (per annum)Private colleges: 1,00,000-2,00,000 (per annum)|
|Average Salary||INR 03 to 05 LPA|
|Eligibility||A bachelor’s degree in the relevant field/ stream|
Why Study MSW?
Multiple benefits are associated with pursuing an MSW, and those working in this profession are responsible for social duties. Among the benefits of studying MSW are:
- The number of social organizations operating in the nation is expanding daily, and these organizations require such graduates to lead significant projects for neighborhood development.
- Many NGOs are hiring recent postgraduates, and those with an MSW degree are given the best jobs.
- Additionally, this degree offers the opportunity to engage with international NGOs and join groups dedicated to human development.
MSW Admission 2023: Entrance Exams
For your reference, a selection of the top entrance tests administered both nationally and state-wide are listed below.
- BHU PET
- TISS NET
- MSU WT
National-level Entrance Exams
Several of the national entrance exams that are held to enroll students in MSW programs are listed below.
TISSNET: The Tata Institute is a renowned center for social science research in India. TISS is the top-ranked social work school in India according to India Today and Outlook India. TISS administers a national entrance test each year. This exam offers a chance for entrance to other programs, including MSW. TISS provides MSW courses in a range of concentrations. Which are:
- Social Work in Children & Family
- Social Work in Community Organization & Development Practice
- Social Work in Criminology & Justice
- Social Work in Dalit, Tribal Studies & Action
- Social Work in Disability Studies & Action
- Social Work in Mental Health
- Social Work in Public Health
- Social Work in livelihoods & social entrepreneurship.
Top MSW Specializations
The program has been broken into specialized fields because it is not really possible to cover all of the topics on the curriculum. As a result, candidates for the MSW degree can opt to specialize in specific areas. The majority of institutions need accrediting programs as part of the curriculum to provide students the chance to learn about areas in which they are not specializing in addition to the specific subject in which they have decided to specialize. The following are the specialties that most students pursue because they have better employment prospects:
- MSW in Mental Health and Substance Abuse
- MSW in Mental Health and Substance Abuse
- MSW in Family and Child Social Work
- MSW in School Social Work
MSW Admissions 2022: How to Apply?
- The applications for the MSW course can be simply submitted to the University website you are willing to apply for.
- Complete the MSW application form and attach all required documents.
- There may be a registration fee for the entrance exam and paid via DD.
- Reach out to the official portal of any approved university.
- Enter, and register for the MSW program.
- MSW online registration shall require an email ID and mobile number for the OTP verification.
- Save username, and password to use as credentials in the future.
- Log In to the MSW admission account.
- Complete each section’s mandatory blanks.
- Upload documents in JPEG/JPG/PDF (Marksheets, certificates, Photos, and more).
- Deposit fee, and collect MSW receipt.
Career Aspects and Scope for MSW
- Labor Welfare Specialist
- Social Worker
- Social Security Officer
- Criminology Specialist
- Counselors, etc.
- Read More: Best Animation Courses
The Importance and scope of social work have increased, and there is a greater need for social workers as a result of the changes taking place throughout the world in numerous fields and how they affect people’s daily lives. Therefore, you might think about enrolling in this program if you have a passion for the subject and want to help out the community. You may build a successful and rewarding career by carefully integrating your interests with your work.
- The average salary provided to Social workers starts from INR 03 to 05 LPA.
Types of Cоurѕе
- Total Time: MSW Social Work is a full-time regular course. It is divided into 04 semesters.
- Part-Time/Online: Offered in Distance mode by some institutes.
- Social Worker
- Health Care worker
- Research Assistant
- Project Coordinator
- Program Manager
- Community Health Worker
- Rural Health Centers
- Social Work Departments
- Government Hospitals
- Rehabilitation Centers
- Educational institutes