Best Paramedical Courses: In search of a list of paramedical courses after high school? Learn more about courses, colleges in India, and other topics by reading this article.
What is Paramedical Course?
For students in the Arts, Commerce, and Science streams in the 12th grade, paramedical studies may be a preferable choice following graduation.
It’s crucial to understand what paramedical courses entail before selecting one. All premedical services or medical assistance given to patients that don’t require a doctor’s degree or their physical presence are referred to as paramedical courses. Numerous diagnostic procedures were covered, such as blood tests, X-rays, MRIs, and radiography. The Simple Route To A Career In The Medical & Healthcare Sector Is Through A Paramedical Course.
For individuals who desire to work as dental mechanics, lab technicians, doctors, nurses, physiotherapists, teachers, professors, etc., paramedical courses are crucial.
Therefore, paramedical courses are your best choice if you want to develop a career in the healthcare sector. These are highly fulfilling in terms of providing a living for any kindhearted dreamers looking to improve people’s lives. Let’s explore it in greater detail.
Information about Paramedical Courses
If you want to build a career in the medical sector, this lucrative vocation is best suited for you. Listed below are some course-related facts:
- Courses in paramedicine are career-focused and offer numerous employment prospects.
- Courses in paramedicine are available in a variety of lengths. Diplomas typically take one or two years to complete, whereas certificate courses last six months to a year.
- One of the most creative and resourceful medical workers is the paramedic. Without the direct supervision of the doctor, they are quite effective in treating medical and traumatic, emergency circumstances.
- The scope, employability, pay, and job satisfaction of paramedical programs are superior, and there are more prospects for growth and international exposure.
- Checkout Opportunities for Work and Self-Employment in Poultry Science 2023
Courses in Paramedicine: Types
Courses in paramedicine are offered in a variety of formats and at various levels. The following table contains information on
|Certificate Paramedical Courses||Varies|
|Diploma Paramedical Courses||1 – 2 years|
|Bachelor Paramedical Courses||3 – 4 years|
|Masters Courses||2 years|
Top 5 paramedical courses after 12th
A student must pass the 12th PCB with at least 50% in Physics, Chemistry, Math, and English (the compulsory subject) in order to choose paramedical courses afterward. Then, in order to be admitted, the student must pass the entrance exams with the declared cutoff as set by the various institutes in India.
- B.Sc In Nursing
- M.Sc in Health and Nursing
- MD in Pathology
- M.Sc in Pediatric Nursing
- M.Sc in Community Health And Nursing
The option of post-graduation is available to students who wish to further specialize in their degree program. Students who are extremely committed to giving back to the community and working in the healthcare sector should enroll in this course because this position carries a lot of responsibility and necessitates intense focus, discipline, and the ability to work in shifts.
Qualifications for the paramedical course after classes 10 and 12
The requirements for enrolling in paramedical courses vary depending on a number of factors. These variables include the type of course, the institution providing the course, and others. Candidates must refer to the regulations established by each institute delivering the course for the exact qualifying requirements for the paramedical course after class 10 and 12. Aspirants can enrol in certificate-level paramedical courses as soon as they finish grades 10 and 12. The only requirement for enrolling in a paramedical programme is that candidates must pass their class 12 exams in a subject combination of biology, physics, and chemistry.
Paramedical Courses After 10th
After finishing grade 10, students who want to work as paramedics can enrol in a variety of diploma and certificate programmes in paramedicine. Following the 10th, these are the most common paramedical courses:
- Auxiliary Nurse Midwifery (ANM)
- Diploma in Radiology
- Diploma in Gynaecology and Obstetrics
- Diploma in Child Health
- Diploma in Hearing Language and Speech
- Diploma in Operation Theatre Technology
- Diploma in OT Technician
- Diploma in Optometry
- Diploma in Dermatology
- Diploma in Clinical Research
- Diploma in Rural Health Care
- Diploma in Community Health Care
- Diploma in Orthopaedics
- Diploma in Ophthalmology
- Diploma in Dermatology, Venereology and Leprosy
- Diploma in Medical Record Technology
- Diploma in Medical Imaging Technology
- Diploma in Medical Lab Technology
- Checkout Best Colleges for the Operation Theatre Technology Diploma Course in 2022
- Certificate in Research Methodology
- Certificate in Lab Assistant/Technician
- Certificate in Nursing Care Assistant
- Certificate in HIV and Family Education
- Certificate in Nutrition and Childcare
- Certificate in Rural Health Care
- Certificate in Home-Based Health Care
- Certificate in Operation Theatre Assistant
- Certificate in Dental Assistant
- Certificate in ECG and CT Scan Technician
Scope of Paramedical courses in India
Due to the expanding usage of technology, paramedical professionals are in high demand among medical aspirants worldwide. The spectrum of high stakes prospects available to these paramedics at public and private hospitals, trauma centres, clinics, etc. As part of the aircraft flight crew, paramedics are required to convey injured patients to the closest medical facilities and administer emergency care. Additionally, there are numerous job options for paramedics overseas. They can work as qualified officials in emergency departments if they decide to pursue further education in the same field. employment in helicopter or plane-based emergency medical services, air medical training, and the treatment of poisoning and drug overdoses.
Paramedical Courses Fee Structure
The following sections provide a list of paramedical courses, costs, and lengths that have been broken down into bachelor’s, diploma, and master’s level programmes:
|Course Level||Duration||Fees (Tentative)|
|PhD||3-4 years||INR 10,00,000/-|
|Masters Degree||2 years||INR 4,00,000/-|
|Diploma Course||1 year||INR 75,000/-|
|Bachelor Degree||3 years||INR 3,50,000/-|
Paramedics and allied health care are among the most sought-after job options because it is a rapidly expanding industry and there are numerous positions that pay very well. However, a number of other criteria, such as the hiring company, the applicant’s experience in the industry, and others, affect the salary that is offered. Depending on the position one is looking for employment in, several wage packages are given. For instance, a technician in radiology may start out earning up to 10,000/- per month, but as they gain expertise, they may make up to 50,000/- per month.
The typical monthly salary for assistants in the healthcare industry ranges from approximately 5,000 to 15,000 dollars. A dialysis tech can make up to 50,000 (approximately) starting at 20,000 (per month). A lab technician’s monthly income can reach as much as 70,000 rupees.
Paramedical Courses After 12th: Entrance Exam
In India, many colleges provide paramedical programmes after the 12th grade. The results of entrance exams like NEET UG, AIIMS, and MHT-CET are accepted by many universities that provide medically related programmes. Students must take these tests in order to find out which university will admit them to paramedical programmes after they graduate from high school. These tests are covered in the section that follows.
- NEET UG
Why Choose Paramedical as a Career?
To fulfil the medical demands of the expanding population, there is a hospital in every city today, ensuring the industry’s domination. The paramedical course fees in private colleges in India range from INR 30,000 to INR 6,30,000 (fees vary from college to college) and if we look at paramedical course fees in government colleges then it will start from INR 5,000. Healthcare is one of the fastest-growing industries with a broad scope. There is a current shortage of paramedical workers who are educated, qualified, and skilled. Medical paraprofessionals can support doctors in difficult circumstances.
Top Colleges in India Offering Paramedical Courses
The following are the top paramedical colleges in India:
- University College of Medical Sciences, University of Delhi
- Swami Vivekanand Institute of Engineering & Technology (SVIET), Chandigarh
- Kasturba Medical College Manipal University, Manipal
- Christian Medical College, Ludhiana
- Armed Forces Medical College, Pune
- Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj University (CSMU), Navi Mumbai
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS)