With the rise of the VFX and virtual visualisation of the big screen and other entertainment industries, animation courses are a good choice. Entertainment, advertising as well as the IT industry offer amazing job opportunities to candidates who pursue animation courses.
You might have seen movies like Kung Fu Panda, Narnia, Bolt, Ice Age, Monster vs. Aliens and many other films. These movies are an example of a miracle that is called Animation. Today, Animation Courses have a wide scope in the market, and it is an apt field for those who want to create magic and turn their imagination into a reality.
Despite the global economic crisis in recent times, the scope for animation courses has been increasing rapidly. Even though animation courses have emerged late in India, they are witnessing tremendous growth and the future scope is bright. Every year, thousands of aspirants are pursuing animation courses, and they are being placed in the areas of 2D & 3D Animation.
The scope for animation courses will further increase as various animation giants like Disney are outsourcing the animation works. Therefore, choosing a career in Animation is a good choice. Following are all the details that you need to know about animation courses.
Animation Courses Skills and Qualities
Necessarily, to become an animator, one should possess a number of few qualities and skills –
- Powerful Observation
- Minute Attention
- Software skills
This article provides you a complete guide for Animation and various related courses in India in this particular field. It lists and talks in detail about several animation courses you can pursue after completing your 12th and after your graduation.
Best Animation Courses in India
- Animation and Multimedia – 3 years
- Animation and C.G. Arts – 3 years
- Animation and Graphic Design – 3 years
- Digital Filmmaking and Animation – 3 years
- Animation and Multimedia – 3 years
- Animation and Gaming – 3 years
- Animation and VFX – 3 years
- Animation – 3 years
- Animation, Graphics and Web Designing – 3 years
Under Graduate Courses Duration
All the Bachelor’s Degree courses in Animation and Digital Art is of 3 years.
Under Graduate Courses Eligibility
- Candidates should have qualified in the class 12th Board Examination.
- Candidates can come from any of the three streams – Arts, Commerce or Science.
- The candidates should have passed from under a recognized Board.
- A few institutions might have a specific qualifying-mark criterion, which is usually 50%.
An Under-graduate course in Animation deals with the fundamental aspects of 2D and 3D Animation, the basic concepts of Digital Art and preparatory course work.
The other bachelor’s degree courses that enthusiast can pursue include
- Print Media and Layout
- 3D Modelling and Animation
- Digital Interactivity
- Media Storytelling
- Digital Project Management
- 2D Animation – 1 year
- Animation and Filmmaking – 1 to 2 years
- 3D Animation – 1 year
- Animation and VFX – 1 year
- Digital Animation – 1 year
- Animation, Video Editing, and Post Production work – 1 to 2 years
- C.G. Animation – 6 months
- VFX – 6 months
Diploma Courses Duration
The duration for the diploma courses are usually one year; some of the specifications can be between 6 months to 2 years.
Diploma Courses Eligibility
- The candidate should have passed the 12th standard examination.
- The candidate should have qualified from a recognized educational board.
- The candidate can be from any stream – Science, Commerce, Arts.
- Candidates might be asked for a minimum of 50% of the qualifying score.
- Some colleges grant diploma courses and degrees in Animation to students who have completed education just till standard tenth.
The Diploma Animation is a suitable course for beginners. The candidates can take this course to develop skills and advance their knowledge in Animation as well as in Visual Effects. Having completed this course, one can enroll for undergraduate or postgraduate Animation courses.
- VFX – 3 to 6 months
- Editing, mixing and post-production work – 6 months
- 2D Animation – 3 to 6 months
- C.G. Arts – 3 to 6 months
- 3D Animation – 3 to 6 months.
Certificate Courses Duration
The Certificate courses in Animation are usually for six months. Some courses can take less than six months, between 3 to 6 months.
Certificate Courses Eligibility
- The candidate needs to qualify at least the class 10th board examination.
The certificate training programs are not as detailed and advanced as the undergraduate and diploma courses in Animation are. These courses are a perfect fit for people who are enthusiasts and want to be skilled in Animation out of sheer interest.
The Postgraduate degree Courses in Animation is further advanced studies in the said discipline. The post-graduation courses include M.A. in Animation and M<.Sc in Animation.
To pursue Post Graduation in Animation, a particular Animation discipline needs to be selected to further in. The conventional regulations for Post Graduation in Animation includes
- Specific Software
- Visual Effects
- Graphic Design
- Game Design
- 3D Animation
- Digital Filmmaking
- Animation and Multimedia
- Animation and Multimedia
- Animation and digital filmmaking
- Visual Effects
- P.G. Diploma in Animation
Post Graduate Courses Duration
The duration for the postgraduate courses in Animation is two years.
Post Graduate Courses Eligibility
- The candidate should have a bachelor’s degree in the respective field.
Job Options after Animation Courses:
Job prospects in Animation are increasing at a rapid pace as the entertainment and gaming industry is in its development stages. The film and advertising industry needs the help of animators, and hence, new jobs are being created. Today, full-length animation movies have high demand and to make it a reality; almost 300-500 animators are needed at once. Following are some of the profiles that you can apply for:
- Rigging Artist
- Texture Artist
- 3D/ 2D Animator
- Rendering Artist
- Image Editor
- Lightning Artist
- Key Frame Animator
- Digital Ink and Paint Artist
- Special Effect Artist
- Character Animator
Salary after pursuing Animation courses:
- A fresher or a startup in the field of Animation may earn around Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 15,000.
- However, an experienced professional can earn around Rs. 40,000 to Rs. 55, 000.
Colleges Offering Animation Courses:
Provided below are some of the well known Animation Colleges in India,
|Andhra Loyola College||Vijayawada|
|Whistling Woods International||Mumbai|
|Maeer’s MIT Institute of Design||Pune|
|Unitedworld Institute of Design||Gandhinagar|
|Zee Institute of Creative Arts||New Delhi & Cochin|
|Apeejay Institute of Design||South Delhi|
Animation Courses Salary Prospects
Generally, the starting salary of an Animator ranges from IN 10,000 to IN 20,000 a month. Further, the pay varies from person to person depending upon one’s job, qualifications, grades, skills, and aptitude. Higher the potentiality, the higher the salary.
FAQ’s on Animation Courses
Is Animation a good career option to pursue?
Yes. The animation is a prospective field. There is a rising need for animators in all sectors of society; the salary is also high. If you have an interest in the area, you should pursue it.
What should one do to pursue Animation?
To pursue Animation, you can first enroll in a Diploma or an Undergraduate Animation course. Further, you can continue in studies in the field by opting for Post Graduation courses in Animation.
What are the different career prospects in Animation?
There are many career prospects for Animators to pursue. These include Game developers, digital filmmaking, post-production workers, digital artists, etc.
What is the course duration for Animation?
The undergraduate courses in Animation are of 3 years. The P.G. Courses are for two years. Intermediate Diploma and Certificate courses of maybe two years and three months, respectively.
If You Loved Reading This, Share With Someone You Care!