AILET 2023: Test Pattern for the All India Law Entrance Test (AILET) in 2023 Before taking the exam, it will be very important to understand the AILET exam pattern in 2023. The AILET exam pattern 2023 provides information on the quantity, nature, and timing of the exam’s questions as well as other factors. Understanding the exam format is essential because the national AILET 2023 exam is regarded as one of the most challenging law entrance exams, along with CLAT.
Last year, the AILET test format 2023 underwent changes. The AILET test paper is longer this year compared to prior years since there are more comprehension-based questions. To understand everything you need to know about the AILET exam pattern, syllabus, and other crucial information for 2023, read the complete article.
AILET Highlights 2023
Get a quick look at the key features of AILET 2023 as mentioned in the table below:
|Exam Name||All India Law Entrance Test|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Exam fees||INR 3,500 for General/ OBC category and INR 1,500 for SC/ ST/ PWD category|
|Exam Duration||1 hour 30 minutes|
|Exam Purpose||Admission to BA LLB (Hons), LLM and PhD courses offered at NLU Delhi|
|Seat Intake through AILET||BA LLB (Hons.) seats – 110, LLM seats – 70, and PhD seats – 18|
|Direct admission based on merit||BA LLB – 10 (5 seats each for Foreign Nationals and OCI/PIO). LLM – 10 (5 seats each for Foreign Nationals and OCI/PIO). PhD – 2 (direct admission to Foreign Nationals on merit of Research Proposals)Note: Foreign Nationals/OCI/PIO are exempted from AILET.|
|Accepting Colleges||Colleges accepting AILET scores|
AILET 2023 Exam Date:
|Exam Notification date start||7th September 2022|
|Online Application form date Start||15tth November 2022|
|Application Form Last date to submit||—-|
|Admit Card available||22nd Novembr 2022|
|AILET 2023 Exam Date||11th December 2022|
|Result Declaration of (BA.LL.B (Hons.))||To be announced|
|Issue Date of Admission Letter (1st list)||To be announced|
|Deposit fee (1st list) Last date||To be announced|
|Date of spot counselling for vacant seats||To be announced|
|Last date to submit counselling fee for 1st list||To be announced|
|Closing date of admission||To be announced|
|Interview Date||To be announced|
|Result date declaration of LL.M.||To be announced|
|Result date declaration of Ph.D||To be announced|
AILET Exam Pattern 2023: B.A.LLB
The updated AILET Exam Pattern 2023 for BA-LLB course is tabulated below:
|Subject Area||No. Of Questions||Maximum Marks|
B.A.LLB is a 5 years course which is offered by the National Law University Delhi, where the candidates have to compete for 123 seats that are offered in the program. Thus, the candidates have to understand AILET Exam Pattern carefully before appearing for AILET 2023
AILET Exam Pattern 2023: LLM
|Section||Parts||Question Type||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
|Section A||Part 1: English Language||MCQs||25||25|
|Part 2: Legal Reasoning||MCQs||25||50|
|Section B||Candidates must choose 2 out of 8 questions||Descriptive||2||75|
Note: Section B will be evaluated only for those candidates who secure at least 50% marks in each of the parts (Part-1 & Part 2) in Section-A.
AILET Exam Pattern 2023: PhD
Admission to a Ph.D. program in NLU Delhi is a herculean task, the candidate has to appear for AILET 2023, comprising of 50 objective-type questions and 1 research proposal question with a time limit of 90 minutes. Questions are framed for AILET 2023 Exam Pattern for LLM around Research Methodology and Legal Research Aptitude.
|Section||Question Type||No. of Questions||Total Questions||Total Marks|
|Section A||Legal knowledge and legal reasoning||MCQs||50||50|
|Section B||Answer 1 question out of the 3 options (Research Proposal)||Descriptive||1||50|
The research proposal in Section B should consist of the details mentioned below. The evaluation of this part will particularly take into consideration the quality, feasibility, and innovativeness of research questions and research methodology suggested by the candidate
- The Title of the Research Paper
- The brief idea, statement, and information on the subject concerned.
- Research Questions, Hypothesis, and Methodology.
- Research Structure.
Recent Article: All About MRNAT Exam
AILET Exam Pattern 2023: Course-wise Syllabus
A brief AILET Syllabus 2023 for LLB and LLM is tabulated below:
|BA-LLB||English: Comprehension, Vocabulary, Basic Grammar, Synonyms, Antonyms, etc.General Knowledge: Current Affairs, General Science, History, Civics, Eminent Personalities, Nobel Laureates, Geography, Economics. Legal Aptitude: Statement & Assertions, Statements & Arguments, Assertion-Reason, Number Test.Logical Reasoning: Indian Constitution, Legal Maxims, Indian Contract Act.Elementary Mathematics: Number system, Algebra, Geometry, profit & loss, height, distance, etc.|
|LLM||English Language: Comprehension, Vocabulary, Basic Grammar, Synonyms, Antonyms, etc.Legal Reasoning: Law of Contracts, Family Law, Jurisprudence, International Law, Property Law, Intellectual Property Law, Law of Trots, Criminal Law, Constitutional Law, and Legal Theory|
AILET 2023 Exam Analysis
Section-wise paper analysis – Key takeaways
- Questions were on expected lines on synonyms, word meanings, analogy, idioms, foreign phrases, and phrasal verbs
- New entrants – punctuation marks and their role in comprehension, logical organization, and sentence type.
- Theme, tone, and inference questions in abundance
Current Affairs and GK
- Questions mostly from the last 6 months.
- Questions majorly from Sports, Persons in news, places in the news
- There were no direct questions from core static GK, but 3-4 questions having Static GK orientation
- A lot of AR questions around Bood Relations, Relations, and Data Arrangement (DA). Some of the questions may not directly look like DA questions, but the candidate needs to use skills similar to those required for DA to solve these questions. The same applies to questions on blood relations.
- Major CR questions are inferential in nature
- A couple of questions with basic maths orientation. While they were not core mathematics questions, but to solve these questions, you need basic math skills.
- Difficulty level – Moderate to difficult
- There were no questions from legal reasoning.
|GK and Current Affairs||Easy|
|Logical Reasoning||Moderate to difficult|
AILET 2022 exam analysis
|AILET Sections||Difficulty Level|
|English including Comprehension||Easy|
|General Knowledge||Easy to Moderate|
|Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability)||Easy to Moderate|
|Logical Reasoning||Easy to Moderate|
|Overall||Easy to Moderate|
AILET 2023 Application Form:
Below we have provided the complete details Applicants needs to know about the AILET Application Form 2023:
- First of all candidates are required to register themselves
- Make sure for filling the application form using online mode
- The registration process starts in the month of January
- Fill all the crucial details in the form
- Candidates are required to fill the valid email address as well as a contact number
- Upload the scanned photo, signature
- Submit the application form
|ST/ SC/ PwD||Rs. 1050/-|
|ST/ SC (BPL)||Exempted|
|Kashmiri migrant/ Foreign nationals||Rs. 3050/-|
- Candidates will be able to submit the application fee via online as well as offline mode.
- The online mode of payment includes credit card, debit card, or net banking.
- For offline mode, candidates will have to deposit the cash at the post office.
While there are tons of books available in the market to confuse the students, here we’re proving you the names of the noteworthy reference books for AILET preparation. Candidates may buy them as per their convenience-
- CLAT and LLB by McGraw Hills Publication.
- For General Knowledge: Lucent’s G.K, and Pearson’s concise G.K manual.
- For Legal Aptitude: Universal CLAT Guide, Legal Awareness & Legal Reasoning by A.P Bhardwaj
- For Logical Reasoning: Verbal & Non-Verbal reasoning by R.S Aggarwal, and Analytical Reasoning by Magical Book Series.
- For Mathematics: Magical Book on Quicker Maths by M. Tyra, Quantitative aptitude by R.S Aggarwal.
- For English: English is easy by Magical Book Series, and Quick Learning Objective General English by R.S Aggarwal
Preparation Tips for AILET 2023
The AILET exam is one of the popular law entrance exams which let the candidate get admission in the National Law University. Therefore, candidates should study for the entrance exam according to the guidelines given below for scoring good marks in the exam-
- Make a time table so that all the subjects are divided equally. By doing this, you will not miss any subject.
- Go through the previous year papers and solve them in limited time. Analyze your performance after that and keep following this practice regularly.
- The mathematics and reasoning part is usually time-consuming so practice them daily.
- Read the newspaper to know what’s happening around the world. Discuss pressing issues with your friends and family to develop a perspective on the situation.
- Build your vocabulary and focus on English grammar.
- For mathematics, brush up the fundamental concepts first before proceeding for the complex ones.
- Use reliable reference books for AILET preparation.
AILET 2023 Admit Card
Visitors can print their admit cards by going to the NLU’s official website. To the exam room, candidates must carry a coloured copy of their downloaded admit card. To use the facility of a scribe or extra time, PWD candidates must present the appropriate certificate at the exam site.
No applicant will be allowed within the exam centre grounds without a coloured admit card. Candidates have two options for searching for the admission card: “search by name and dob” or “search by application number and dob.” Candidate should get in touch with the authority right away if they have trouble downloading the admission card.
AILET 2023 Exam Centres
Candidates can view the list of cities with AILET 2023 exam centers below
AILET 2023 Test Cities
Gurugram Greater Noida
AILET 2023 FINAL answer key
NLU Delhi released the final answer key for AILET 2023 on December 19, 2022. The final key has been released after considering objections submitted by candidates against the provisional answer key, which was released on December 12.
Candidates were allowed to submit objections from December 12-14, 2022.
The tentative date of release of the final answer key is the 3rd week of December 2022.
Unlike the provisional answer key, there will be no provision to challenge the final answer key. Consequently, the keys mentioned in the final answer keys will be considered to be the correct keys.
The keys of the AILET 2023 final answer key will be consulted to evaluate the AILET 2023 answer booklets of the student.
Note that NLU Delhi released the master question booklet, along with the provisional answer key, on December 12, 2022.
AILET 2023 Result
The outcome will be made public on the NLU’s official website. Based on the applicants’ results on the AILET 2023 exam, a merit list will be created. They can access the website and view their scorecard there as well. The merit list will be made public according to category. The letter of admission will be given to the shortlisted candidates based on the merit list. To ensure their acceptance to the National Law University, applicants must pay the entrance fee before the deadline.
AILET 2023 Counselling
AILET Counselling has been commenced from 20th December 2022. The counselling procedure has been conducted after the declaration of result. This is the last process for admission after clearing the AILET 2023 entrance examination.
The candidates are able to participate in the counselling process through online mode. The AILET 2023 counselling process is conducted for the successfully qualified candidates.
The candidates need to report on time for the counselling process with some of the important documents. Candidates also have to bring their original document for verification round.
Following are the documents that will required in the counselling process:
- 10th and 12th mark sheet
- 10thand 12thcertificate
- AILET 2023 scorecard
- AILET 2023 admit card
- AILET 2023 admission letter
- Caste certificate
- Transfer certificate
- Demand Draft
- Passport size photographs, etc.